Wednesday 30 July 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 30, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arnold Schwarzenegger and Françoise Barré-Sinoussi.
Kiss of Death, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1947 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: Austrian-born actor and politician began his career as a body-builder, ultimately winning several titles for his strength and magnificently sculpted body, including "Mr.
- Françoise Barré-Sinoussi: French virologist who was a corecipient, with Luc Montagnier and Harald zur Hausen, of the 2008 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
- William Atherton: American actor of stage, film and TV, his films include "Sugarland Express," "Looking for Mr.
- Ronald Pina: American lawyer, district attorny of bristol county, ma, gained celebrity status in gang rape case; d.a.
- Stan Kroenke: Businessman.
- Anna Panayiotopoulou: Greek actress.
- Jonathan Mann: American physician and author (d. 1998).
- Margo Sappington: Baytown, Texas -- Actress (Oh Calcutta).
- Anna Identici: Italian pop/folk singer and television personality.
- Joseph Cook: English-Australian miner and politician 6th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1947).
- Cin Reds 16 game win streak ends, losing to New York Giants 5-4
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Ain't Mad at You - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now (Decca) - Perry Como (Ted Weems Orchestra)