Wednesday 30 July 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margo Sappington and William Atherton.
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Lydia Bailey by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1947 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Margo Sappington: Baytown, Texas -- Actress (Oh Calcutta).
- William Atherton: American actor of stage, film and TV, his films include "Sugarland Express," "Looking for Mr.
- Françoise Barré-Sinoussi: French virologist who was a corecipient, with Luc Montagnier and Harald zur Hausen, of the 2008 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
- Anna Identici: Italian pop/folk singer and television personality.
- Ronald Pina: American lawyer, district attorny of bristol county, ma, gained celebrity status in gang rape case; d.a.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: Austrian-born actor and politician began his career as a body-builder, ultimately winning several titles for his strength and magnificently sculpted body, including "Mr. World," "Mr. Universe," (five times) and "Mr. Olympia (seven times)." As a shy boy, afraid of his father, he turned to lifting weights. He moved to the U.S. in 1968 where, for a "day job," he started a bricklaying business, also laying the foundation for the career that eventually brought him fame and fortune. In 1970 he appeare
- Jonathan Mann: American physician and author (d. 1998)
- Anna Panayiotopoulou: Greek actress
- Joseph Cook: English-Australian miner and politician 6th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1947).
- Cin Reds 16 game win streak ends, losing to New York Giants 5-4
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?