Monday 30 July 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 30, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Delta Burke and Anita Hill.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Canyon River, directed by Harmon Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1956 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Delta Burke: American actress and television star of the ensemble cast "Designing Women" from 1986-91.
- Anita Hill: American legal professor, a former aide to attorney Clarence Thomas in the early '80s.
- Alfredo Stranieri: Italian serial killer (naturalized French in 1982), who met his victims through newspaper ads in which he advertized himself as a potential buyer of used cars.
- Delta Burke in Orlando: Florida, USA; actress (Suzanne - Designing Women).
- Soraida Martinez: American painter, creator of Verdadism.
- US motto In God We Trust authorized
- "In God We Trust" is established as the U.S. national motto.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?