Thursday 30 June 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Finkielkraut and Michel Pajon.
The Fountainhead, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Armchair Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 30 June 1949
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1949 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Alain Finkielkraut: French philosopher and political commentator, influenced by Jewish philosophers Emmanuel Levinas, Leo Strauss and Hannah Arendt.
- Michel Pajon
- Bui Thanh Liem: Vietnam -- Cosmonaut.
- Thanh Liem Bui: Vietnam -- Cosmonaut.
- Uwe Kliemann: German footballer coach and manager.
- Andy Scott: Welsh singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Sweet).
- Dutch troops evacuate Djakarta