Saturday June 30, 1973
US date format: 6/30/1973, UK date format: 30/6/1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 30, 1973). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Chan-Ho Park and Chan-ho Park.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) by George Harrison.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma Crude, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Bastian.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or Lunar Lander.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 30, 1973?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Burns & Schreiber Comedy Hour, TV Variety
- Biggest US tanker Brooklyn christened (230,000 ton)
- Observers aboard Concorde jet observe 72-min solar eclipse.
- A very long total solar eclipse occurs!--confirmed here --. During the entire 2nd millennium, only 7 total solar eclipses exceeded 7 minutes of totality.
- Blessed Vasyl Velychkovsky CSsR: Ukrainian-born Canadian Greek-Catholic...
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 30, 1973?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spinners - One Of A Kind (Love Affair)
- Fred Wesley & The J.B.'s - Doing It To Death
- The O'Jays - Time To Get Down
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Daddy Could Swear, I Declare
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little Bit More Baby
- The Manhattans - There's No Me Without You
- The Dramatics - Hey You! Get Off My Mountain
- The Stylistics - You'll Never Get To Heaven (If You Break My Heart)
- The Intruders - I'll Always Love My Mama (Part I)
- The Dells - Give Your Baby A Standing Ovation
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 30If June 30, 1973 is your birthday you're 47 years, 2 months, 29 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 2 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 30, 1973?
On June 30, 1973 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is June 30, 1973?
On June 30, 1973 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on June 30, 1973?
On June 30, 1973 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 30, 1973?
On June 30, 1973 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on June 30, 1973?
On June 30, 1973 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 30, 1973?
On June 30, 1973 several famous people were born including, Chan-Ho Park, Frank Rost, Chan-ho Park.
Which famous people died on June 30, 1973?
Famous people died on June 30, 1973 include, Blessed Vasyl Velychkovsky CSsR.
What was the number one song in June 30, 1973?
The number one song in the week of June 30, 1973 was Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) by George Harrison in US and Welcome Home by Peters & Lee in UK.
What were the top hits on June 30, 1973?
The top hits on June 30, 1973 were Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) by George Harrison, My Love by Paul McCartney, Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston in US and Welcome Home by Peters & Lee, I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter, Life On Mars by David Bowie in UK.