Saturday 30 June 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chan Ho Park and Chan-ho Park.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) by George Harrison.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1973!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1973 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Chan Ho Park: Kong Ju City, South Korea -- Pitcher (LA Dodgers).
- Chan-ho Park: South Korean baseball player.
- Frank Rost: German soccer/football player, retired.
- Robert Bales: American soldier.
- Ümit Davala: Turkish footballer and manager.
- Blessed Vasyl Velychkovsky CSsR: Ukrainian-born Canadian Greek-Catholic bishop and martyr (Born 1903).
- Burns & Schreiber Comedy Hour, TV Variety
- Biggest US tanker Brooklyn christened (230,000 ton)
- Observers aboard Concorde jet observe 72-min solar eclipse.
- A very long total solar eclipse occurs!--confirmed here --. During the entire 2nd millennium, only 7 total solar eclipses exceeded 7 minutes of totality.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 June 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?