Wednesday June 30, 1971
US date format: 6/30/1971, UK date format: 30/6/1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 30, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Monica Potter and Astrid Plank.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
Two-Lane Blacktop, directed by Monte Hellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Quentin Durward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 30, 1971?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Biesheuvel government forms
- Ohio becomes the 38th state to approve of lowering the voting age to 18, thus ratifying 26th amendment.
- The crew of the Soviet Soyuz 11 spacecraft are killed when their air supply escapes through a faulty valve.
- Ohio ratifies the 26th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, lowering the voting age to 18, thereby putting the amendment into effect.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 30, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Don't Want To Do Wrong
- Wilson Pickett - Don't Knock My Love - Pt. 1
- Aretha Franklin - BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
- The 8th Day - She's Not Just Another Woman
- Freda Payne - Bring The Boys Home
- James Brown - Escape-ism (Part 1)
- Isaac Hayes - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Stylistics - Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 30If June 30, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 3 months old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 30, 1971?
On June 30, 1971 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is June 30, 1971?
On June 30, 1971 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on June 30, 1971?
On June 30, 1971 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 30, 1971?
On June 30, 1971 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on June 30, 1971?
On June 30, 1971 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 30, 1971?
On June 30, 1971 several famous people were born including, Monica Potter, Acapulco (Mexico), Astrid Plank.
Which famous people died on June 30, 1971?
Famous people died on June 30, 1971 include, Vladislav Nikolayevich Volkov, Soviet crew.
What was the number one song in June 30, 1971?
The number one song in the week of June 30, 1971 was It's Too Late by Carole King in US and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road in UK.
What were the top hits on June 30, 1971?
The top hits on June 30, 1971 were It's Too Late by Carole King, Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian) by The Raiders, Treat Her Like A Lady by Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose in US and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road, Co-Co by The Sweet, Don't Let It Die by Hurricane Smith in UK.