Wednesday 30 June 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Monica Potter and Acapulco (Mexico).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Two-Lane Blacktop, directed by Monte Hellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The New Centurions by Joseph Wambaugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Silent Years.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 June 1971 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Monica Potter: American actress.
- Acapulco (Mexico)
- Astrid Plank: Italian skier, participated in the Albertville Olympics February 1992.
- Kirsty Bertarelli
- Bastiaan Ragas
- Ann Marsh: Royal Oak, Michigan -- Fencer-foil (1996 Olympics).
- Megan Fahlenbock: Canadian actress.
- Anette Michel: Mexican model and actress.
- Biesheuvel government forms
- Ohio becomes the 38th state to approve of lowering the voting age to 18, thus ratifying 26th amendment.
- The crew of the Soviet Soyuz 11 spacecraft are killed when their air supply escapes through a faulty valve.
- Ohio ratifies the 26th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, lowering the voting age to 18, thereby putting the amendment into effect.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?