Tuesday 17 June 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William K Estes and Antonius C "Ton" Lutz.
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1919 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- William K Estes
- Antonius C "Ton" Lutz: Dutch actor / director (Lucifer).
- Max Dendermonde [Henk Hazelhoff]: Dutch literary.
- Kingman Brewster: college president (Yale).
- Sarah Cooper: American astrologer and AFA Librarian from 1970.
- William Estes: American behavorial psychologist, editor, and professor.
- François-Mathurin Gourvès: French Catholic clergyman, who served as Bishop Emeritus of Vannes.
- John Moffat: Scottish lieutenant and pilot.
- Beryl Reid: Actress (Yellowbeard, Psychomania), dies at 76.
- Barney Google cartoon strip, by Billy De Beck, premieres
- British Police Sergeant Thomas Green killed during the Epsom Riot by Canadian troops
- Winnipeg General Strike: Royal Northwest Mounted Police fire a volley of bullets into a crowd of unemployed war veterans, killing two of them.
- Admiral Ludwig von Reuter scuttles the German fleet in Scapa Flow, Scotland. Nine German sailors are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The St. Louis Blues - Al Bernard
- When the Boys Come Home - Louis Gravieure
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - Sterling Trio
- Smile and the World Smiles with You - Lewis James & Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?