Tuesday 17 June 1919US date format: 6/17/1919, UK date format: 17/6/1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William K Estes and Max Dendermonde [Henk Hazelhoff].
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1919 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- William K Estes
- Max Dendermonde [Henk Hazelhoff]: Dutch literary.
- Kingman Brewster: college president (Yale).
- Sarah Cooper: American astrologer and AFA Librarian from 1970.
- Antonius C "Ton" Lutz: Dutch actor / director (Lucifer).
- François-Mathurin Gourvès: French Catholic clergyman, who served as Bishop Emeritus of Vannes.
- John Moffat: Scottish lieutenant and pilot.
- Beryl Reid: Actress (Yellowbeard, Psychomania), dies at 76.
- William Estes: American behavorial psychologist, editor, and professor.
- Barney Google cartoon strip, by Billy De Beck, premieres
- British Police Sergeant Thomas Green killed during the Epsom Riot by Canadian troops
- Winnipeg General Strike: Royal Northwest Mounted Police fire a volley of bullets into a crowd of unemployed war veterans, killing two of them.
- Admiral Ludwig von Reuter scuttles the German fleet in Scapa Flow, Scotland. Nine German sailors are killed.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Wonderful Mother of Mine - Henry Burr
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw
- Forever is a Long, Long Time - Charles Hart