Thursday 30 June 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Policeman, directed by Nadav Lapid, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Greater Journey by David McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Necessary Roughness.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Acceleration of Suguri X Edition or The Cursed Crusade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 30 June 2011 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 June
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian army kills a man and his 1 year old infant son after they attack his house in the village of al-Bara. (CNN)
- Al Jazeera reports that there have been many arrests in the southern town of Deraa with people fleeing to either Damascus or Jordan. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- France's dropping of arms for tribal fighters in Libya is a ampquotcrude violationampquot of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1970 according to Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov, echoing African Union concerns that it risks ampquota Somalia-sationampquot of Libyaampquot. (BBC)
- The UK Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs William Hague announces that Britain would supply body armour, police uniforms and communications equipment to Libyan National Transitional Council police forces. (AP via ''San Jose Mercury News'')
- Two freed French journalists, Herve Ghesquiere and Stephane Taponier, return to France after being held captive in Afghanistan by the Taliban for 18 months. (AFP via France 24)
- The International Security Assistance Force blames the Pakistani Haqqani network for a recent attack on the Kabul Inter-Continental and claims to have killed the organiser of the attack in a targeted strike on Wednesday. (CBS News)
- At least five private security contractors are killed and nine others are injured in a U.S. airstrike in Afghanistan. (Press TV)
- Official records on the 2002 Gujarat violence, which killed more than 1,000 people, are reported to have been destroyed in line with regulations. (BBC)
- Amnesty International calls on the People's Republic of China to stop the harassment, arbitrary detention and torture of human rights lawyers. (Reuters via Alertnet)
- Iraq War: The United States has lost a total of 15 troops in Iraq this month, making it the deadliest month for U.S. forces in Iraq since June 2009, when 14 soldiers were killed fighting the Iraqi insurgency. (AP via ''Kansas City Star'')
- Glenn Beck hosts his final program on the US Fox News Channel. (''New York times'')
- The Japanese auto industry begins designated weekday shutdowns as part of an effort to save energy as a result of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. (Kyodo)
- Samsung Electronics lodges a claim with the US International Trade Commission to stop Apple Inc. importing six products including the iPhone, iPod and iPads for alleged patent infringements. (Yonhap)
- Italy's government attempts to bring in its own austerity measures to calm turbulent markets and reassure investors. (''The Financial Times'')
- In the United Kingdom, the cheque guarantee card scheme ndash which ensures some cheques are honoured even if the account holder does not have sufficient funds in their account ndash is being withdrawn today after operating for over 40 years. (BBC)
- The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) and the European Food Safety Authority announce investigations suggest that fenugreek seeds imported from Egypt are implicated in the ''E. coli'' outbreaks. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- So In Love - Jill Scott Featuring Anthony Hamilton
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Prometi - Intocable
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Ven Conmigo - Daddy Yankee Featuring Prince Royce
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Adolescents - Incubus
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
- Sublime With Rome - Panic
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
After its $8.5 billion settlement with investors over problem mortgage securities, Bank of America’s chief executive can start to put the problem behind him. [..]
General Mills, the maker of Cheerios cereal, said higher costs for ingredients and fuel would hurt its bottom line in its 2012 fiscal year. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.57
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $103.39
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $86.71
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.30
- 1 CHF = 7.6936 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7063 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8728 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.935 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?