Friday 30 March 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 30, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Clapton and Ry Redd.
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 March 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1945 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Eric Clapton: British musician, a strong lead vocalist who has played blues guitar in various bands.
- Ry Redd: Brazilian astrologer who works with reincarnation techniques; the author of two books.
- Johnnie Walker: English radio host.
- Ron Garvin: Canadian-American wrestler and referee.
- SD Jones: Antiguan wrestler (d. 2008).
- Karel Moor: Composer, dies at 71.
- USSR invades Austria during WWII
- 289 anti-fascists murdered by Germans in Rombergpark, Dortmund.
- World War II: Soviet Union forces invade Austria and take Vienna; Polish and Soviet forces liberate Gdansk.
- The Red Army pushes most of the Axis forces out of Hungary and into Austria.
- Alger Hiss congratulated in Moscow for his part in bringing positions of Western powers and the USSR closer to each other at the Yalta Conference.