Thursday 30 May 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 30, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julius Axelrod and Alexander Langsdorf.
Diamond Cut Diamond, directed by Darrell James Roodt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 May 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1912!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1912 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Julius Axelrod: American biochemist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1912).
- Alexander Langsdorf: physicist.
- Erich Bagge: German scientist, he developed with three others isotope separation apparatus.
- René Duvauchelle: French aviator, a World War II ace, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Julian Gustave: Symons writer.
- Millicent Selsam: American author and academic (d. 1996).
- Joseph Stein: Dramatist / playwright (Fiddler on the Roof).
- Hugh Griffith: Wales, United Kingdom -- Actor (Ben Hur, Mutiny on the Bounty, Oliver!).
- US Marines sent to Nicaragua.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In a Little While - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- When Irish Eyes art Smiling - Harry Macdonough