Tuesday 31 December 1912, NewYear’s Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 31, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maj-Gen John Frost and Pierre Amandry.
The Woman in White, directed by Tim Frywell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1912 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Maj-Gen John Frost: British para commander (d. 1993).
- Pierre Amandry: French Hellenist historian, specializing in ancient Greece, but also its relations with the East.
- Patrick Dunn: Sir Patrick Dunn was a Royal Air Force officer who became Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Flying Training Command.
- John Frost: English Lieutenant-Colonel (operation Market Garden 1944), dies at age 80.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt