Tuesday 31 December 1912, NewYear’s Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maj-Gen John Frost and Pierre Amandry.
Mama, directed by Andrés Muschietti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1912 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Maj-Gen John Frost: British para commander (d. 1993).
- Pierre Amandry: French Hellenist historian, specializing in ancient Greece, but also its relations with the East.
- Patrick Dunn: Sir Patrick Dunn was a Royal Air Force officer who became Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Flying Training Command.
- John Frost: English Lieutenant-Colonel (operation Market Garden 1944), dies at age 80.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt