Thursday 19 December 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Call of the Bush, directed by Charles Woods, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Street Called Straight by Basil King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1912 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 December
- William H. Van Schaick, captain of the steamship General Slocum which caught fire and killed over 1,000 people, is pardoned by U.S. President William Howard Taft after three-and-a-half-years in Sing Sing prison.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Be My Little Baby Bumble Bee - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Hark! the Herald Angel Sing - Trinity Choir
- That's How I Need You - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?