Monday 30 December 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
L'orrida meta, directed by Ubaldo Pittei, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Amateur Gentleman by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1912 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 December
- Alfred von Kiderlen-Waechter German foreign minister: dies at age 60.
- The First Balkan War ends temporarily: Bulgaria, Greece, Montenegro, and Serbia (the Balkan League countries) sign an armistice with Turkey, ending the two-month-long war.
- Casimir Funk identifies vitamins.
- The Scoville Unit (used to measure the heat of peppers) is devised and tested by Wilbur Scoville.
- Alfred Wegener proposes the theory of continental drift.
- Wilfrid Voynich discovers the eponymous manuscript in the Villa Mondragone.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rose of Pyramid Land - Walter Van Brunt & Helen Clark
- Town Topics of Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
- Hitchy-Koo - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?