Wednesday 18 December 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benjamin O Davis Jr and Jean Devaivre.
Call of the Bush, directed by Charles Woods, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Benjamin O Davis Jr: American General (d. 2002).
- Jean Devaivre: French filmmaker who directed 15 feature films and 40 short films, and wrote 35 original scripts and more than 120 adaptations and dubbings.
- Pierre Noel: Lille Military man.
- Benjamin Davis: Jr.
- The Piltdown Man, later discovered to be a hoax, is found in the Piltdown Gravel Pit, by Charles Dawson.
- Piltdown Man, thought to be the fossilized skull of a hitherto unknown form of early human, presented to the Geological Society of London. It is revealed to be a hoax in 1953.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hark! the Herald Angel Sing - Trinity Choir
- Be My Little Baby Bumble Bee - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- That's How I Need You - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?