Wednesday 18 December 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 18, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Devaivre and Benjamin O Davis Jr.
Cleopatra, directed by Charles L. Gaskill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Jean Devaivre: French filmmaker who directed 15 feature films and 40 short films, and wrote 35 original scripts and more than 120 adaptations and dubbings.
- Benjamin O Davis Jr: American General (d. 2002).
- Pierre Noel: Lille Military man.
- Benjamin Davis: Jr.
- The Piltdown Man, later discovered to be a hoax, is found in the Piltdown Gravel Pit, by Charles Dawson.
- Piltdown Man, thought to be the fossilized skull of a hitherto unknown form of early human, presented to the Geological Society of London. It is revealed to be a hoax in 1953.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'd Love to Live in Loveland with a Girl Like You - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Sardinia March - Sousa's Band
- That's How I Need You - Henry Burr
- Silent Night, Hallowed Night - Elsie Baker