Saturday 28 December 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François-Henri Spoerry and Antonio De Girolamo.
Petticoat Camp, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1912 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- François-Henri Spoerry: French architect, developer, urban planner, philanthropist and writer.
- Antonio De Girolamo: Italy Scientist.
- Auguste Loubatieres: Agde physician.
- San Francisco Municipal Railway starts operation at Geary Street
- National Council of Young Israel convenes.
- The first municipally owned streetcars take to the streets in San Francisco, California.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Town Topics of Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
- Hitchy-Koo - American Quartet
- Rose of Pyramid Land - Walter Van Brunt & Helen Clark