Sunday 22 December 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lady Bird Johnson and Jacques Dorsan.
Call of the Bush, directed by Charles Woods, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Street Called Straight by Basil King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1912 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Lady Bird Johnson: First Lady of the United States (Born 1912).
- Jacques Dorsan: Jacques Dorsan was a leading pioneer of sidereal astrology in France.
- Henry Armstrong: Held feather / light / welterweight boxing titles (1938).
- Claudia A: "Lady Bird" Taylor Johnson first lady (1963-1969).
- Bird Johnson: American First Lady, wife of U.S.
- Elias Degiannis: Greek navy officer and resistance fighter (Born 1912).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That's How I Need You - Henry Burr
- I'd Love to Live in Loveland with a Girl Like You - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Sardinia March - Sousa's Band
- Silent Night, Hallowed Night - Elsie Baker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?