Monday 23 December 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Skawinski and Otto Meyer.
Call of the Bush, directed by Charles Woods, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Melting of Molly by Maria Thompson Davies was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1912 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:23 December
- Otto Schoetensack: German anthropologist and academic (d. 1912).
- Aswan Dam in Nile begins operation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That's How I Need You - Henry Burr
- I'd Love to Live in Loveland with a Girl Like You - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Sardinia March - Sousa's Band
- Silent Night, Hallowed Night - Elsie Baker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?