Wednesday 4 December 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfons "Alphons" Berckmans and John W Pritchard [Ian Wallace].
Le mystère des roches de Kador, directed by Lonce Perret, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while A Hoosier Chronicle by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Alfons "Alphons" Berckmans: Flemish / British actor (Family Stastok).
- John W Pritchard [Ian Wallace]: United States -- Sci-fi author (Megalomania).
- Jimmy Jewel: comedian.
- Lucien Berne: French military personnel in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Mario Bo: Italian soccer/football player.
- Pappy Boyington: American colonel and pilot Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1988)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ragtime Soldier Man - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Kentucky Days - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?