Saturday 21 December 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Meurisse and Mario Zatelli.
Call of the Bush, directed by Charles Woods, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Paul Meurisse: French actor, and fiancé of singer Edith Piaf.
- Mario Zatelli: Algerian-born soccer player who played for France.
- Denmark, Norway and Sweden declare neutrality in Comende war
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That's How I Need You - Henry Burr
- Sardinia March - Sousa's Band
- Silent Night, Hallowed Night - Elsie Baker
- I'd Love to Live in Loveland with a Girl Like You - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?