Saturday 30 June 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenadee Lucker .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Sunshine, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden, Hal Iggulden was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Last One Standing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 7 Wonders of the Ancient World or Asterix at the Olympic Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 30 June 2007 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Sahib Singh Verma: Indian politician and Chief Minister of Delhi (Born 1943).
- ''Glasgow International Airport attack:''
- A car on fire crashes into the main terminal building of Glasgow Airport. Two people are arrested at the scene by police, with one man reportedly on fire as he is being arrested.
- The airport closes, with all plane flights cancelled and the airport evacuated.
- COBRA conducts an emergency meeting, and Prime Minister Gordon Brown makes a statement afterward in which he thanks emergency services after today's attack and the London car bombs plot yesterday.
- Home Secretary Jacqui Smith announces that the national security threat level is elevated from ampquotsevereampquot to ampquotcriticalampquotmdashthe highest possible, meaning ampquotfurther attacks are imminentampquotmdashand everyone should be on ampquothigh alert.ampquot (BBC)
- Police treat the incident as a terrorist attack, linked to yesterday's London car bombs plot. (BBC)
- Police arrest two men in Cheshire in connection with the bombings. (Reuters via Canada.com)
- Archbishop Pius Ncube, head of the Catholic church in Zimbabwe, calls on the British government to invade Zimbabwe and overthrow President Robert Mugabe. (Times Online)
- United States troops kill 26 militants in an attack on Sadr City in Baghdad. (ITV)
- Voters in Papua New Guinea go to the polls to elect a new Parliament of Papua New Guinea. (Radio Australia)
- East Timorese voters go to the polls to elect a new Parliament of East Timor. (CNN)
- Hong Kong celebrates the tenth anniversary of the handover from the United Kingdom to the People's Republic of China. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?