Saturday 30 June 2007US date format: 6/30/2007, UK date format: 30/6/2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenadee Lucker .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
When Nietzsche Wept, directed by Pinchas Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden, Hal Iggulden was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Morning Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Azada or Buzz!: The Hollywood Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 30 June 2007 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Sahib Singh Verma: Indian politician and Chief Minister of Delhi (Born 1943).
- ''Glasgow International Airport attack:''
- A car on fire crashes into the main terminal building of Glasgow Airport. Two people are arrested at the scene by police, with one man reportedly on fire as he is being arrested.
- The airport closes, with all plane flights cancelled and the airport evacuated.
- COBRA conducts an emergency meeting, and Prime Minister Gordon Brown makes a statement afterward in which he thanks emergency services after today's attack and the London car bombs plot yesterday.
- Home Secretary Jacqui Smith announces that the national security threat level is elevated from ampquotsevereampquot to ampquotcriticalampquotmdashthe highest possible, meaning ampquotfurther attacks are imminentampquotmdashand everyone should be on ampquothigh alert.ampquot (BBC)
- Police treat the incident as a terrorist attack, linked to yesterday's London car bombs plot. (BBC)
- Police arrest two men in Cheshire in connection with the bombings. (Reuters via Canada.com)
- Archbishop Pius Ncube, head of the Catholic church in Zimbabwe, calls on the British government to invade Zimbabwe and overthrow President Robert Mugabe. (Times Online)
- United States troops kill 26 militants in an attack on Sadr City in Baghdad. (ITV)
- Voters in Papua New Guinea go to the polls to elect a new Parliament of Papua New Guinea. (Radio Australia)
- East Timorese voters go to the polls to elect a new Parliament of East Timor. (CNN)
- Hong Kong celebrates the tenth anniversary of the handover from the United Kingdom to the People's Republic of China. (BBC)
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain Featuring Yung Joc
- When I See U - Fantasia
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- Umbrella - Rihanna Featuring Jay-Z
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie Featuring Foxx & Webbie
- Kelly Rowland Featuring Eve - Like This
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Que Me Des Tu Carino - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Ojala - Marco Antonio Solis
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Impacto - Daddy Yankee Featuring Fergie
- Joan Sebastian - Eso y Mas
- Dame Un Beso - Intocable
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Si Nos Quedara Poco Tiempo - Chayanne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Joe Nocera, the Saturday columnist for the Times, took Apple to task for designing a cell phone with a battery that cannot be replaced by the consumer. You may or may not agree with him. You can read the column here, though it is behind the Times Select wall. (That means you need a subscription […] [..]
China promised to cooperate in tackling its food safety problems but urged a quick resolution. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?