Wednesday 29 October 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Dreyfuss in Brooklyn and Richard Dreyfuss.
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Moneyman by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1947 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Richard Dreyfuss in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Jaws, Nuts).
- Richard Dreyfuss: American actor who rose to prominence in the early '70s in a wide range of roles.
- Coline Serreau: French actress, film director and writer.
- Helen Coonan: Australian lawyer and politician 52nd Australian Minister for Communications.
- Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands form Benelux Union
- Trial of art forger Han of Meegeren begins in Amsterdam
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?