Wednesday 30 June 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon Bryce and Florence Ballard.
Stage Door Canteen, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1943 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Gordon Bryce: Scottish artist and painter who produces impressionistic landscapes of British scenes.
- Florence Ballard: rocker (Supremes), dies of a heart attack at age 32.
- Saeed Mirza: Indian director and screenwriter.
- Eddie Rambeau: American singer-songwriter and actor.
- Ahmed Sofa: Bangladeshi author poet and critic (d. 2001).
- Gen MacArthur begins Operation Cartwheel (island-hopping)
- CCC abolished.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 June 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?