Monday 30 April 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Bühler and Mimi Farina.
Enemy of the Law, directed by Harry L. Fraser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1945 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Michel Bühler
- Mimi Farina: rocker ("Reflections in a Crystal Wind").
- Michael J Smith: Beaufort NC, Cmdr USN, astr, dies in Challenger.
- Mike Beacon: rocker (Ox).
- Mimi Fariña: American singer and musician, the founder of the non-profit concert organization, "Bread and Roses.
- Hugh Hopper: British musician (Born 1945).
- Annie Dillard: American writer (An American Childhood).
- Michael Smith: American astronaut, one of seven space travelers on the Space Shuttle Challenger when it exploded after blastoff on 1/28/1986, 11:39 AM EST.
- Claude van de Berge [Rony MF Pauwels]: Flemish writer (Graph Theory).
- Michael J Smith in Beaufort: North Carolina, USA; Commander US Navy, astronaut (51L-Challenger disaster).
- Arthur Godfrey Time begins a 27 year run on CBS radio
- Red Army opens attack on German Reichstag building in Berlin
- US troops attack the Elbe.
- Lord Haw-Haw calls for crusade against the bolsheviks.
- World War II: Fuhrerbunker: Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun commit suicide after being married for one day. Soviet soldiers raise the Victory Banner over the Reichstag building.
- May ndash For all practical purposes the ICPC ceases to exist (recreated on June 3, 1946).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Caldonia - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Candy - Johnny Long & His Orchestra