April 1912 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in April 1912.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on April 1912: find out below
Which were the important events of April 1912?
- 02 Apr 1912 Titanic undergoes sea trials under its own power
- 04 Apr 1912 Army fires on striking mine workers at Lena-gold fields Siberia.
- 06 Apr 1912 Electric starter first appeared in cars.
- 08 Apr 1912 Steamers collide in the Nile, drowning 200.
- 09 Apr 1912 Titanic leaves Queenstown Ireland for New York.
- 10 Apr 1912 RMS Titanic sets sail for its 1st and last voyage
- 11 Apr 1912 Cornerstone of Technion in Haifa Palestine laid.
- 13 Apr 1912 Royal Flying Corps forms (later RAF).
- 14 Apr 1912 Pan American Union forms.
- 15 Apr 1912 Titanic sinks at 2:20 AM off Newfoundland as band plays on
- 16 Apr 1912 Harriet Quimby becomes the first woman to fly an airplane across the English Channel.
- 17 Apr 1912 Russian troops open fire on striking goldfield workers in northeast Siberia, killing at least 150.
- 18 Apr 1912 The Cunard liner RMS Carpathia brings 705 survivors from the RMS Titanic to New York City.
- 19 Apr 1912 16th Boston Marathon won by Mike Ryan of New York in 2:21:18.2.
- 20 Apr 1912 Fenway Park officially opens, Boston Red Sox beat New York Highlanders 7-6 in 11.
- 22 Apr 1912 Pravda, the ''voice'' of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, begins publication in Saint Petersburg.
- 27 Apr 1912 Relief laws replaces those of 1854, in the Netherlands
- 29 Apr 1912 108 degrees F (42 degrees C), Tuguegarao, Philippines (Oceania record high).
French photographer whose photos of...
President of North Korea (d. 1994).
American scientist, a multifaceted...
- See more
captain of the RMS Titanic (Born...
Japanese author (Born 1886).
- See more
Which were the top hits in April 1912?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - Everybody's Doing it Now
- Lucy Isabelle Marsh - To the Land of My Own Romance (I Have a Dream, By Night, By Day)
- Walter Van Brunt - The Harbor of Love
- Prince's Orchestra - Alexander's Ragtime Band
- Dolly Connolly - Moonlight Bay