Tuesday 30 April 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eve Arden and Manuel Gutierrez Mellado.
The Cry of the Children, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1912 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Eve Arden: Mill Valley, California -- Actress (Connie-Our Miss Brooks).
- Manuel Gutierrez Mellado: Spanish Army General, 1st Marquis of Gutierrez Mellado, Honorary Captain General, First Vice-President of the Government for Defense Affairs, 1st Minister of Defense in Spain.
- Emery Hawkins: American animator who worked at various studios such as Disney, Screen Gems, Walter Lantz, Warner Bros.
- Jean Simon: Brest Military man.
- Frantisek Kmoch composer: dies.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - Come to the Ball
- I'm Going Back to Dixie - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Red Pepper - A Spicy Rag - Fred Van Eps