Friday 26 April 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 26, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include A E Van Vogt and A E van Vogt.
The Cry of the Children, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 April 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1912 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- A E Van Vogt
- A E van Vogt: Canadian writer (d. 2000).
- A[lfred] E[lton] Van Vogt Winnipeg Manitoba Canada: science fiction writer (Cosmic Encounter).
- A. E. van Vogt: Author.
- Marceau Servelle: Auxonne physician.
- A van Vogt: Canadian-American author (d. 2000).
- Van Vogt: Canadian writer who was published from 1932, primarily for science fiction, of which he was one of the master writers, prolific and popular.
- 1st homerun hit at Fenway Park (Hugh Bradley, Red Sox)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love Love (I Love You, Dear) - Henry Burr
- It's a Long Lane That Has No Turning - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)