Thursday 18 April 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Lapworth and Wendy Barrie.
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Street Called Straight by Basil King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1912 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- John Lapworth: Holt boat Designer.
- Wendy Barrie: British-American actress, a vivacious minor star who was on-screen from 1935 in Hollywood.
- The Cunard liner RMS Carpathia brings 705 survivors from the RMS Titanic to New York City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Prince's Orchestra
- To the Land of My Own Romance (I Have a Dream, By Night, By Day) - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- The Harbor of Love - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?