Monday 15 April 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Menzies and Kim II.
Romani, the Brigand, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Melting of Molly by Maria Thompson Davies was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1912 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Peter Menzies: CEO (British Electricity Council).
- Kim II: Sung President of North Korea (1945-94).
- Kim Il-sung: President of North Korea (d. 1994).
- Georges Beaucourt: French soccer player who played in the 1934 World Cup matches.
- Kim Sung: Korean national leader, the world's longest Communist leader who headed North Korea with an iron hand for four decades.
- Victims of the RMS Titanic disaster\ \ Edward Smith: captain of the RMS Titanic (Born 1850)\ Henry Tingle Wilde, Chief Officer (b.
- Titanic sinks at 2:27 AM off Newfoundland as band plays on
- The British passenger liner, the RMS Titanic, sinks in the North Atlantic at 2:20 a.m., two and a half hours after hitting an iceberg. 1,517 people are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Prince's Orchestra
- To the Land of My Own Romance (I Have a Dream, By Night, By Day) - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- The Harbor of Love - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?