Saturday 6 April 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wilhelmus H L "Willem" Tollenaar and Endre Szekely.
The Eleventh Hour, directed by John Lyde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1912 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Wilhelmus H L "Willem" Tollenaar: Actor / director (Don Carlos).
- Endre Szekely: composer.
- Raymond Shaffer: Harding EXecutives.
- Electric starter first appeared in cars.