August 1904 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in August 1904.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on August 1904: find out below
Which were the important events of August 1904?
- 03 Aug 1904 British journalist Francis Younghusband visits forbidden city Lhasa
- 07 Aug 1904 Train derailed on bridge in Eden Colo during a flash flood, kills 96
- 10 Aug 1904 Angelo G Roncalli (Pope John XXIII) becomes a priest
- 11 Aug 1904 German-ltalian General Von Trotha defeats Herero in SW Africa
- 14 Aug 1904 Ismael Montes becomes President of Bolivia.
- 16 Aug 1904 New York City begins building Grand Central Station
- 17 Aug 1904 Russo-Japanese War: A Japanese infantry charge fails to take Port Arthur.
- 23 Aug 1904 The automobile tire chain is patented.
- 24 Aug 1904 24th US Mens Tennis: Holcombe Ward beats William Clothier (108 64 97)
- 25 Aug 1904 James J Jeffries TKOs Jack Munroe in 2 for heavyweight boxing title
- 30 Aug 1904 Thomas Hicks wins 3rd Olympics marathon (3:28:53.0) (40 km)
Chinese politician, a thrice purged...
French writer and film director.
American pianist composer and bandleader...
- See more
Which were the top hits in August 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray - In the Days of Old
- S. H. Dudley - Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis
- Haydn Quartet - The Old Folks at Home
- Henry Burr - Good-Bye, My Lady Love
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Good-Bye, Fedora