Wednesday 17 August 1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tristan Sévère and John Whitney.
Asahi katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
while Sir Mortimer by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1904 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Tristan Sévère: French actor and playwright, also known as Raymond Destac, who was the companion of the actress Muse Dalbray with whom he wrote several essays and plays.
- John Whitney: American heir who was the member of a prominent social family, inheriting great wealth.
- Louis Cattiaux: France Painter.
- Raymond Gitenet: France Actor.
- Mary Cain: American newspaper editor and politician (d. 1984).
- Leopold Nowak: Austrian composer and musicologist (d. 1991)
- Russo-Japanese War: A Japanese infantry charge fails to take Port Arthur.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, My Lady Love - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?