Wednesday 17 August 1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Hay Whitney and John Whitney.
Drama in the Air, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1904 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- John Hay Whitney: US newspaper magnate, dies at age 76.
- John Whitney: American heir who was the member of a prominent social family, inheriting great wealth.
- Louis Cattiaux: France Painter.
- Tristan Sévère: French actor and playwright, also known as Raymond Destac, who was the companion of the actress Muse Dalbray with whom he wrote several essays and plays.
- Mary Cain: American newspaper editor and politician (d. 1984).
- Russo-Japanese War: A Japanese infantry charge fails to take Port Arthur.