Tuesday 30 August 1904
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Delio Cantimori .
Quo Vadis?, directed by Lucien Nonguet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
while Sir Mortimer by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1904 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Delio Cantimori: Italian historian whose importance rests squarely on his two books that are studies of Italian heresy, "Italian Heretics of the 16th Century," 1939 and "Perspectives on the History of Heretics since AD 500," 1960.
- Kate Fanny Loder: Composer, dies at 79.
- Thomas Hicks wins 3rd Olympics marathon (3:28:53.0) (40 km)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Reuben Haskins' Ride 'Round the World in His Air-Ship - Len Spencer
- All Aboard for Dreamland - Byron G. Harlan
- Listen to the Mocking Bird - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?