Tuesday August 16, 1904
US date format: 8/16/1904, UK date format: 16/8/1904
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see zodiac on August 16, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Wendell Stanley biochemist and Minoru Genda.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Good-Bye, Fedora by Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan.
La Danse du diable, directed by , was one of the most viewed movie released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 16, 1904?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- New York City begins building Grand Central Station
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 16, 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Good-Bye, Fedora
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on August 16, 1904?
On August 16, 1904 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is August 16, 1904?
On August 16, 1904 the zodiac sign was Leo.
Who was the US President on August 16, 1904?
On August 16, 1904 the US President was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on August 16, 1904?
On August 16, 1904 the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on August 16, 1904?
On August 16, 1904 Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on August 16, 1904?
On August 16, 1904 several famous people were born including, Wendell Stanley biochemist, Minoru Genda, Wendell Stanley.