Thursday 4 August 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Coleman and Theodore Newton.
while Sir Mortimer by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1904 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Bill Coleman
- Theodore Newton: New Jersey, United States -- Actor (Ace of Aces, Voltaire).
- Otto Tschumi: Swiss painter.
- Robert Jung: Schiltigheim EXecutives.
- Witold Gombrowicz: Polish Author (Ferdydurke, Dziennik), dies at 64.
- Helen Kane: Actress (Heads Up, Pointed Heels), dies of cancer at 62.
- Joe Tate: English footballer and manager (d. 1973).
- Arnold Krug: Composer, dies at 54.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The St. Louis Rag - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?