Thursday 4 August 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Coleman and Otto Tschumi.
La Danse du diable, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1904 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Bill Coleman
- Otto Tschumi: Swiss painter.
- Robert Jung: Schiltigheim EXecutives.
- Theodore Newton: New Jersey, United States -- Actor (Ace of Aces, Voltaire).
- Helen Kane: Actress (Heads Up, Pointed Heels), dies of cancer at 62.
- Joe Tate: English footballer and manager (d. 1973).
- Witold Gombrowicz: Polish Author (Ferdydurke, Dziennik), dies at 64.
- Arnold Krug: Composer, dies at 54.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Old Folks at Home - Haydn Quartet
- Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis - S. H. Dudley
- In the Days of Old - Billy Murray