Wednesday 10 August 1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Wiese .
while The Deliverance by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1904 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Paul Wiese: American astrologer who joined AFA in October 1949.
- Pierre M Waldeck-Rousseau: French Foreign Minister (Dreyfus).
- Angelo G Roncalli (Pope John XXIII) becomes a priest
- Dutch newspaper Volk fires gay journalist Jacob de Cock
- Japanese fleet defeat Russians off Port Arthur
- Yankees Jack Chesbro ends string of 30 consecutive complete games
- Russo-Japanese War: the Battle of the Yellow Sea between the Russian and Japanese battleship fleets takes place.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Old Folks at Home - Haydn Quartet
- In the Days of Old - Billy Murray
- Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis - S. H. Dudley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?