Friday August 19, 1904
US date format: 8/19/1904, UK date format: 19/8/1904
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 19, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ted Nightingale and Maurice Wilks.
La Danse du diable, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 19, 1904?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 19, 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Good-Bye, Fedora