Saturday 6 August 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Zay and Jacno (musician).
The Bewitched Traveller, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1904 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jean Zay: French politician (Minister of national Education) and lawyer of Jewish father (Zay comes from "See") and protestant mother, murdered by militiamen in 1944.
- Jacno (musician)
- Gilbert Renault
- Gilbert Remy: France Military man.
- (Renault-Roulier) Remy: France Writer.
- Henry Payne Iba: Easton, Missouri -- US basketball coach (1964, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Henry Iba: American basketball player and coach (d. 1993).
- Jean Dessès: Greek-Egyptian fashion designer (d. 1970).
- M Revis [Willem Fisherman]: Author (Gelakte Brain).
- Rémy : French resistance hero, writer and politician.
- Eduard Hanslick: Bohemian-Austrian musicologist and critic (d. 1904).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Old Folks at Home - Haydn Quartet
- Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis - S. H. Dudley
- In the Days of Old - Billy Murray