Saturday 6 August 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Zay and Jacno (musician).
while Sir Mortimer by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1904 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jean Zay: French politician (Minister of national Education) and lawyer of Jewish father (Zay comes from "See") and protestant mother, murdered by militiamen in 1944.
- Jacno (musician)
- Gilbert Renault
- Rémy : French resistance hero, writer and politician.
- Gilbert Remy: France Military man.
- (Renault-Roulier) Remy: France Writer.
- Jean Dessès: Greek-Egyptian fashion designer (d. 1970).
- Henry Iba: American basketball player and coach (d. 1993).
- Henry Payne Iba: Easton, Missouri -- US basketball coach (1964, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- M Revis [Willem Fisherman]: Author (Gelakte Brain).
- Eduard Hanslick: Bohemian-Austrian musicologist and critic (d. 1904).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- In the Days of Old - Billy Murray
- The Old Folks at Home - Haydn Quartet
- Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis - S. H. Dudley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?