February 1904 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in February 1904.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on February 1904: find out below
Which were the important events of February 1904?
- 02 Feb 1904 US blues singer Gertrude Pridgett marries comic William Rainey.
- 04 Feb 1904 John Millington Synges "Well of Saints" premieres in Dublin.
- 05 Feb 1904 American occupation of Cuba ends.
- 06 Feb 1904 Russian-Japanese war begins.
- 07 Feb 1904 Baltimore catches fire (1500 buildings destroyed in 80 blocks).
- 08 Feb 1904 Battle of Port Arthur: A surprise torpedo attack by the Japanese at Port Arthur, China starts the Russo-Japanese War.
- 09 Feb 1904 Japan declares war on Russia.
- 10 Feb 1904 Roger Casement publishes his account of Belgian atrocities in the Congo.
- 17 Feb 1904 Madama Butterfly receives its premiere at La Scala in Milan.
- 21 Feb 1904 National Ski Association forms in Ishpeming, Michigan
- 22 Feb 1904 The United Kingdom sells a meteorological station on the South Orkney Islands to Argentina, the islands are subsequently claimed by the United Kingdom in 1908.
- 23 Feb 1904 US acquired control of the Panama Canal Zone for $10 million
- 25 Feb 1904 Stanley Cup: Ottawa Silver 7 sweep Toronto Marlboroughs in two games.
- 28 Feb 1904 Sport Lisboa e Benfica is founded in Portugal.
- 29 Feb 1904 Theodore Roosevelt, appoints 7 man committee to study Panam� Canal.
American nutritionist and biochemist, a...
Russian soldier and politician 8th...
- See more
Which were the top hits in February 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Richard Jose - Silver Threads Among the Gold
- Harry Macdonough - The Girl You Love
- Billy Murray - Under the Anheuser Bush
- Harry Macdonough - Peggy Brady