Monday 1 February 1904
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include S J Perelman and S. J. Perelman.
Troubles of a Manager of a Burlesque Show, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1904!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1904 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- S. J. Perelman: Writer.
- S J Perelman: Brooklyn, New York -- Author / humorist (Around the World in 80 Days).
- Pierre Naville: French Surrealist writer and sociologist.
- Jose Pedreira: Puerto Rican composer.
- SJ Perelman: American humorist and screenwriter (d. 1979).
- Peter PM Alberdingk Thijm Dutch historian/writer: dies at age 76.