Monday February 01, 1904
US date format: 2/1/1904, UK date format: 1/2/1904
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Naville and S J Perelman.
The Ballet Master's Dream, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1904?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- Peter PM Alberdingk Thijm Dutch historian/writer: dies at age 76.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Richard Jose - Silver Threads Among the Gold