Monday 1 February 1904
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include S J Perelman and Pierre Naville.
while In the Bishop's Carriage by Miriam Michelson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1904!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1904 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- S J Perelman: Brooklyn, New York -- Author / humorist (Around the World in 80 Days).
- Pierre Naville: French Surrealist writer and sociologist.
- Jose Pedreira: Puerto Rican composer.
- SJ Perelman: American humorist and screenwriter (d. 1979).
- Peter PM Alberdingk Thijm Dutch historian/writer: dies at age 76.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Bedelia - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?