January 1905 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in January 1905.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on January 1905: find out below
Which were the important events of January 1905?
- 01 Jan 1905 The Trans-Siberian Railway officially opens after its completion on July 21, 1904.
- 02 Jan 1905 Russo-Japanese War: The Russian garrison surrenders at Port Arthur, China
- 05 Jan 1905 National Association of Audubon Society incorporates.
- 09 Jan 1905 Bloody Sunday-demonstrators fired on by tsarist troops (1 / 22 NS)
- 15 Jan 1905 Coen de Koning becomes world champion all-round skater.
- 16 Jan 1905 Baseball outfielder Frank Huelsman traded for 6th time in 8 months.
- 17 Jan 1905 Punchboards patented by Charles Brewer and C G Scannell, Chicago Illinois.
- 18 Jan 1905 French government of Combes falls.
- 22 Jan 1905 Bloody Sunday in St. Petersburg, beginning of the 1905 revolution.
- 25 Jan 1905 Largest diamond, Cullinan (3106 carets), found in South Africa
- 26 Jan 1905 Han Yong-woon [Bongwan, Manhae] (1879-1944) ordained a monk in Korea.
- 27 Jan 1905 Maurice Rouvier forms government in France.
- 31 Jan 1905 Carroll Wright appointed first US Commissioner of Labor.
Which were the most popular Movies released in that month?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial