Sunday 1 January 1905, NewYear’s Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Melvin Price (Representative-Democrat-Illinois and Stanis?aw Mazur.
Halfaouine, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
while Sir Mortimer by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1905!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1905 ?
- Melvin Price (Representative-Democrat-Illinois: 1945-).
- Stanis?aw Mazur: Polish mathematician (d. 1981).
- Aldo Graziati: Italian post-war cinema photographer, hailed for superb black and white compositions of films such as "La Terra Trema.
- Stanisław Mazur: Ukrainian-Polish mathematician and theorist (d. 1981).
- 9 hour work day for diamond miners
- The Trans-Siberian Railway officially opens after its completion on July 21, 1904.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?