Tuesday 17 January 1905
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Armand and Franz Schmid.
Wonderful Beehive, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
while The Gambler by Katherine Cecil Thurston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1905!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 January 1905 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Louis Armand: French engineer, Member of the French Academy, 1936, Chairman of various companies.
- Franz Schmid: Germany -- Ascended northside of Matterhorn (1931).
- Guillermo Stabile: Argentine footballer (d. 1966).
- Jan Zahradnicek: Czech poet (d. 1960).
- Georges Martin: Nérnes Writer.
- Ray Cunningham: American baseball player (Born 1905).
- Peggy Gilbert: American jazz saxophonist and bandleader (Born 1905).
- Eduard Oja: Estonian composer conductor educator and critic (d. 1950).
- Guillermo Stábile: Argentinian footballer and manager (d. 1966).
- Jan Zahradníček: Czech poet and translator (d. 1960).
- Punchboards patented by Charles Brewer and C G Scannell, Chicago Illinois.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1905 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Come Take a Trip in My Air-Ship - Billy Murray
- A Coon Band Contest - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?