July 1903 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in July 1903.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on July 1903: find out below
Which were the important events of July 1903?
- 01 Jul 1903 1st Tour de France bicycle race begins
- 02 Jul 1903 AL / NL batting champ Ed Delahanty, disappears, found dead days later
- 04 Jul 1903 Pacific Cable (San Francisco, Hawaii, Guam, Phil) opens, President Theodore Roosevelt sends message.
- 06 Jul 1903 George Wyman arrives in New York City by motorcycle 51 days out of San Francisco.
- 07 Jul 1903 The British take over the Fulani Empire.
- 20 Jul 1903 Giuseppe Sarto elected Pope Pius X.
- 23 Jul 1903 Ford Motor Co sells 1st Model A car
- 25 Jul 1903 Castle on top of Telegraph Hill closes.
- 30 Jul 1903 August 23 (July 17ampndashAugust 10, O.S.) ampndash Second Congress of the All-Russian Social Democratic Labour Party held in exile in Brussels, transferring to London.
British pioneer airwoman who took flying...
French actor whose work included stage...
American politician, a Democratic U.S.
- See more
Which were the top hits in July 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Hiawatha
- Henry Burr - Come Down, Ma Ev'ning Star
- J.W. Myers - In the City of Sighs and Tears
- Dan Quinn - Hiawatha
- Bob Roberts - I'm a Jonah Man