Wednesday 1 July 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Johnson and Beatrix Lehmann.
while Lady Rose's Daughter by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1903!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1903 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Amy Johnson: British pioneer airwoman who took flying lessons and aircraft maintenance with the reluctant support of her father.
- Beatrix Lehmann: England, United Kingdom -- Actress (Candles at Nine, Staircase).
- 1st Tour de France bicycle race begins
- July 19 ampndash First Tour de France bicycle race, won by Maurice Garin.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1903 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hiawatha - Columbia Orchestra
- I'm a Jonah Man - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?