Thursday 2 July 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 2, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alec Douglas-Home and Olav AFEC of Schleswig-Holstein-S-G.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Casper Van Dien, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1903!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1903 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Alec Douglas-Home: British politician, Prime Minister October 1963 to October 1964.
- Olav AFEC of Schleswig-Holstein-S-G: Norway -- King Olav V of Norway (1957-91).
- King Olav: V of Norway (d. 1991).
- Alexander Frederick Douglas-Home: (C) British Prime Minister (1963-64).
- Robert Hure: Valenciennes Military man.
- Ed Delahanty: American Hall of Fame baseball player (Born 1867).
- AL / NL batting champ Ed Delahanty, disappears, found dead days later
- Pitcher Jack Doscher, 1 Son of a major leaguer debuts with Cubs