Thursday 2 July 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Frederick Douglas-Home and Olav AFEC of Schleswig-Holstein-S-G.
while Lovey Mary by Alice Hegan Rice was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1903!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1903 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Alexander Frederick Douglas-Home: (C) British Prime Minister (1963-64).
- Olav AFEC of Schleswig-Holstein-S-G: Norway -- King Olav V of Norway (1957-91).
- King Olav: V of Norway (d. 1991).
- Alec Douglas-Home: British politician, Prime Minister October 1963 to October 1964.
- Olav V : King of Norway from 1957 until his death.
- Ed Delahanty: American Hall of Fame baseball player (Born 1867).
- AL / NL batting champ Ed Delahanty, disappears, found dead days later
- Pitcher Jack Doscher, 1 Son of a major leaguer debuts with Cubs
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1903 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm a Jonah Man - Arthur Collins
- Hiawatha - Columbia Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?