Saturday 4 July 1903, US Independence Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Ustvedt and Flor Peeters.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Casper Van Dien, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1903!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1903 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Hans Ustvedt: Norwegian physician and Head of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Flor Peeters: Antwerp, Belgium -- Organist / composer (Lied Symphony).
- Pacific Cable (San Francisco, Hawaii, Guam, Phil) opens, President Theodore Roosevelt sends message.
- Dorothy Levitt is reported as the first woman in the world to compete in a 'motor race'.