Saturday 4 July 1903, US Independence Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Ustvedt and Flor Peeters.
while Lovey Mary by Alice Hegan Rice was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1903!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1903 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Hans Ustvedt: Norwegian physician and Head of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Flor Peeters: Antwerp, Belgium -- Organist / composer (Lied Symphony).
- Pacific Cable (San Francisco, Hawaii, Guam, Phil) opens, President Theodore Roosevelt sends message.
- Dorothy Levitt is reported as the first woman in the world to compete in a 'motor race'.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hiawatha - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?