Thursday 16 July 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carmelo Maxia and Mary Philbin.
Pica, pica Compadrito, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Gordon Keith by Thomas Nelson Page was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1903!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1903 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Mary Philbin: Chicago, Illinois -- Actress (Phantom of the Opera).
- Carmelo Maxia: Italy Scientist.
- Max Douguet: Port-Launay Military man.
- Fritz Bauer: German judge and prosecutor (Born 1903).
- Carmen Lombardo: Canadian singer and composer (d. 1971).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1903 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Come Down, Ma Ev'ning Star - Henry Burr
- In the City of Sighs and Tears - J.W. Myers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?