July 1911 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in July 1911.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on July 1911: find out below
Which were the important events of July 1911?
- 01 Jul 1911 German boat Panther nears for Agadir Morocco
- 03 Jul 1911 Ty Cobb hits in his 40th straight game. Does not get a hit next day
- 04 Jul 1911 Ty Cobb goes 0 for 4 and ends a 40 game hit streak.
- 07 Jul 1911 28th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: D Chambers beats D Boothby (60 60)
- 08 Jul 1911 Nan Aspinwall is 1st woman to make solo transcont trip by horse
- 17 Jul 1911 Overthrown shah of Persia Mohammed Ali lands on Astrabad with army
- 20 Jul 1911 Generals Henry Wilson / Auguste Dubail sign plan for British Expeditionary army in case of war with Germany
- 24 Jul 1911 Hiram Bingham III re-discovers Machu Picchu, ''the Lost City of the Incas''.
- 29 Jul 1911 Boston Red Sox Joe Wood no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 5-0.
- 31 Jul 1911 Hungarian education is only taught in German
French politician, the Premier 1962-1968...
American dancer and actress, a glamour...
Canadian cultural philosopher, dies at...
French violinist who died on 9 July 2003...
- See more
Which were the top hits in July 1911?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - Steamboat Bill
- John McCormack - Mother Machree
- Reed Miller - Tell Her I Love Her So
- Reinald Werrenrath & Elizabeth Wheeler - Two Little Love Bees
- Vess Ossman - The Smiler