Wednesday 5 July 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Pompidou and Endel Aruja.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 July 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1911 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Georges Pompidou: French politician, the Premier 1962-1968 under President De Gaulle.
- Hans Endress: German Nazi Hauptsturmführer (Captain) in the Waffen SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.
- Endel Aruja: Estonian-Canadian physicist and academic (d. 2008).
- Haydn Bunton: Sr.
- Giorgio Olivier: Maltese lawyer and politician 7th Prime Minister of Malta (d. 1980).
- George J Stoney: Irish physicist, dies at 85.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sophie Tucker - Some of These Days
- My Beautiful Lady - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- The Smiler - Vess Ossman
- Two Little Love Bees - Reinald Werrenrath & Elizabeth Wheeler