Sunday 16 July 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ginger Rogers and Carveth Wells.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1911 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Ginger Rogers: American dancer and actress, a glamour queen swathed in chic with a firm gaze, strong stride and down-home vowels.
- Carveth Wells: British poet, journalist and traveler who led a comparatively short life packed with adventure.
- Peter van Eyck
- John Lautner
- Sonny Tufts: Actor (Atomic Blonde, 7 Year Itch), dies at 58.
- Sonny Tufts [Bowen Charleston Tufts II]: Boston, Massachusetts -- Actor (Variety Girl).
- Johan Hygen: Norwegian theologian and professor at the University of Oslo (1954-1978).
- Paul Dor: Marseille physician.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- That's Why I Never Married - Billy Murray
- Sharpshooters' March - Guido Deiro
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?