Tuesday 4 July 1911, US Independence Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mitch Miller and Frederick Seitz.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1911 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Mitch Miller: American singer and producer (d. 2010).
- Frederick Seitz: American physicist and author.
- Pierre Boel: France sport Champion.
- Bruce Hamilton: Australian public servant (d. 1989).
- Ty Cobb goes 0 for 4 and ends a 40 game hit streak.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sophie Tucker - Some of These Days
- My Beautiful Lady - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- The Smiler - Vess Ossman
- Two Little Love Bees - Reinald Werrenrath & Elizabeth Wheeler