Tuesday 4 July 1911, US Independence Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Seitz and Pierre Boel.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1911 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Frederick Seitz: American physicist and author.
- Pierre Boel: France sport Champion.
- Bruce Hamilton: Australian public servant (d. 1989).
- Mitch Miller: American singer and producer (d. 2010).
- Ty Cobb goes 0 for 4 and ends a 40 game hit streak.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Steamboat Bill - Arthur Collins
- John McCormack - Mother Machree
- Tell Her I Love Her So - Reed Miller
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?